Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Strength Comes From the Lord

 



The Lord God is my strength.  It is He Who protects me against the strategems of the enemy.  I always need Jesus.  Jesus tells us: "Wake up and strengthen what remains and is about to die.  I have not found your works complete before My God."  (Revelation 3:2)  Jesus told me He still has more for me to do (in this life.)  The Spirit of Jesus also told me that He has not found my works complete before His God.  I want to please Him and complete the works He has given me to do from before the foundation of the universe. (Eph. 4:10) As Christians, you and I both have been to called to good works.  I pray God strengthen us with His mighty power to complete the works preordained for you and I to do.  Amen. 
What is Satan's most common strategy in our day?  He puts us to sleep.  We fall asleep when we live for this world.  When we love this world more that we love our Savior Jesus.  I've been there.  It's a terrible place to be, lost in this sin sick world. When we love Jesus more than anything else that is where our power is!  As a prisoner for the Lord, I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received. We are told by Paul. (Eph. 4:1 NIV)
Jesus used a parable to show us how Satan works in this manner.  He said the seed of God's Kingdom is planted in our hearts and takes root.  Then, the weeds of this world creep in, and terrible things happen.  "But the worries of life, the deceitful pleasures of wealth, and the desires for other things come in and choke the word so that it can't produce a crop."   (Mark 4:19 ISV)  What's the remedy? Love Jesus.  He says: "If you love Me, you will obey My commands." (Jn. 14:15NIV)  The Apostle who Jesus loved, John, told us the truth. "Love not the world, or the things in the world..." (1 Jn. 2:15a ESV)  May Jesus give us that power, may we produce lots of fruit for His Kingdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment