Sunday, September 21, 2014

Biblical Faithfulness


In the Bible there are many examples of faithfulness.  Let's take 3:
     Paul, a man.  Paul was called to be the messenger to us Gentiles.  Thank God he was faithful.  He was also called to suffer for Christ Jesus, Messiah.  Paul did, and throughout it all he remained faithful.  Jesus even sent him back from the dead to testify of Messiah, risen from the dead  once and for all. 

(Image; thescripturesalonebibleschool.net)
 So look at Apollos and me as mere servants of Christ who have been put in charge of explaining God’s mysteries. Now, a person who is put in charge as a manager must be faithful. As for me, it matters very little how I might be evaluated by you or by any human authority. I don’t even trust my own judgment on this point. My conscience is clear, but that doesn’t prove I’m right. It is the Lord himself who will examine me and decide.  (2 Cor. 4:1-4 NLT)  

 Paul didn't even care how any human being thought about his faithfulness to Jesus.  He said he didn't even trust his own estimation of how faithful or not he had been.  He was looking forward to the day he stood before Jesus, our Righteous Judge.  Jesus would tell him how faithful he had or had not been.  That's a good message for you and I not to look for human approval of our faithfulness as servants of Jesus, but to look for Messiah's approval.  Obviously that does not mean that we don't come under human and Church authority.  Of course, we all do, especially us women need it the most.  But, it means we look to Jesus, Messiah as our final authority.  Paul says: To live is Christ, to die is gain. (Epistles)To me, Paul sums up the ultimate in faithfulness for you and I.  There is nothing less.  For not one of us lives for himself, and not one dies for himself;  for if we live, we live for the Lord, or if we die, we die for the Lord.    (Romans 14:7,8)                                                                                                
    Jesus, the Son of God, is our ultimate example of faithfulness.  Jesus was faithful unto death.  Jesus is called the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead. (Rev. 1:5b)  The Faithful and True Witness. (Rev. 3:14b)  His faithfulness to finish the work that the Father gave Him to do will be on display for the whole universe to see at Messiahs Second Coming. John saw Him.  John recorded: "I saw heaven standing open, and there before me was a white horse whose rider is called Faithful and True." (Rev. 19:11 NIV)  Jesus tells us to be faithful unto death.  Which means, if we live, we live for Him.  And when we die, we die for Him.  He will reward our faithfulness. "Be faithful unto death, and I will give you the crown of life." Jesus promises us in Revelation 2:10c.
  "Son of man, I have made you a watchman for the people of Israel; so hear the word I speak and give them warning from me."  (Ez. 3:17 NIV)  Ezekiel proved faithful.  He was a watchman and God required him to tell all he saw and heard from the Almighty.  Ezekiel, called to be a prophet of YHWH proved faithful.
(Imge; biblestudyououtline.org)

No comments:

Post a Comment