Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Health Proverbs


                   Health Secrets of the Bible 
(Image:greatsite.com)
Better is a dry morsel with quiet, than a house full of feasting with strife. (Prov. 17:1ESV)  A joyful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones. (v. 22)

There are so many good proverbs today that apply to my life and the lives of others I know.  Let’s look at 2 that deal specifically with health.  Peace and quiet with poor quality food is more healthful than the best quality health foods where there is strife, contention, anger, bickering, put downs, lack of love in a family. This shows us the importance of loving one another and doing our best to always be kind to others.  It’s good for their health and ours. 

 Jesus says to love others as we love ourselves.  That means have their interests in high regard as well as our own.  He says to do unto others as we would have them do unto us.  Summed up in a word: Mercy.  Jesus said, “Be merciful..” (Lk. 6:36)  A joyful heart is good medicine.. Happiness does lead to health.  I pray Jesus gives you and I the desires of our hearts.  .. but a crushed spirit dries up the bones.  That reminds me of Job.  He got so sick when his children died, etc.  I remember when my mom passed away, I got a terrible case of pneumonia.  And when my son grew up and left home my immune system closed down again, and I got pneumonia again.  I pray, in the name of Jesus, that He protect you and I from grief.  Amen.  The joy of the Lord is your strength. (Ezra)  Give us joy, O Lord our God.















No comments:

Post a Comment