Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Jesus is the Truth

(Image: uturntograce.wordpress)
Jesus said,
"You shall know the Truth, and the Truth shall set you free." Jn. 8:32 






I remember the first time I read about Pilate before Jesus.  Pilate thought Jesus was on trial.  He didn't know that he was on trial before Almighty God.  Jesus gave Pilate time to acknowledge Jesus as Messiah.  But, at the time Pilate didn't.  I hope he did receive Jesus as Savior of his soul before leaving this world, the world of the living dead.  (Living bodies, dead souls without God and hope in this dark world.)  
I was so excited to hear how Jesus would answer Pilates question, "What is truth."?  I wanted to know.  But, Jesus didn't answer him.  Why? I wondered for years.  Jesus always talked to people who were sincere and wanted their questions answered when He was on earth.  (Gospels)  So, why didn't Jesus answer Pilate?  The only conclusion I can come to is that Pilate's question was not from a sincere heart.  He did not really want to know the nature of truth.  He was lost in his own little world and though he had  the answers he needed.  How about you and I?  Do we want to know truth?  The truth about what?  Human existence, God. 
I was on my death bed with terminal cancer before I surrendered to God.  Jesus had mercy on me.  In a moment, in a miracle He reveled the truth to me.  God, divinely healed me. What is the truth?  Jesus answered that for you and I who want to know.  He said, "I Am the Way and the Truth and the Life. No one comes to the Father except through Me." (Jn. 14:6)   God exists is the ultimate truth.  And Jesus is the only way to God.  Everything else pales in comparison to the reality of knowing Him and the power of His resurrection.  This life is temporary.  The life He gives is eternal life, in the presence of the Almighty!

No comments:

Post a Comment