Sunday, August 31, 2014

Sword of the Spirit

(Image: fineartamerica.com)
The Word of God is the sword of the Spirit.  It is our offensive weapon against the strategies of Satan.  This is one of the most powerful weapons for you and I against immorality.  (Ephesians 6)  

What are some of my favorite Bible verses, words full of God's power, that protect me against personal immorality?  They will work for you too ladies.  We have everything we need to live a life that pleases God.  It was all given to us by God's own power... (from 2 Peter 1:3,4 CEV)    You are not missing out on any blessings as you wait for Him to return.   And until the Day Christ does return He will keep you completely innocent.  God can be trusted, and He chose you to be partners with His Son, our Lord Jesus Christ (from 1 Cor 1:7-9)

Don't sin because others do. (1 Tim. 5:22c)  A secret is don't date.  That's the best protection against sexual immorality.  Jesus is our Husband.  If He wants to give us a husband, He will, and if not, the Scriptures say it is better not to marry. For this is what the Lord spoke to me as His forceful hand was resting on me and as He was warning me not to live the way this people were living.. (Is. 8:11 ISV)
I have been crucified with Christ, and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me.  The life I now live in the body I live by faith in the Son of God Who loved me and gave Himself for me.  (Gal. 2:20 NIV)

I think for us women taking the Scriptures seriously is our best protection against sexual immorality. This is an extremely serious issue for us women in Christ. We belong to Jesus.  What does Jesus have to say to us women if we do fall into sexual immorality and don't turn from our wicked ways and repent: I have given her time to repent of her immorality, but she is unwilling. So I will cast her on a bed of suffering and I will make those who commit adultery with her suffer intensely, unless they repent of her ways.  (Rev. 2:21,22 NIV) I don't think we better mess around with God on this issue.

Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and the power of His might.  .. take the Sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God, .. praying always with all prayer and supplication, and watching thereunto with all perseverance, and supplication for all the saints.. (Eph 6:10,17b,18 KJV)


No comments:

Post a Comment