Saturday, July 12, 2014

The Sabbath Day

I love to rest on the Sabbath. 


 It was a special day set aside in Eden, at the beginning for mankind to rest and contemplate and commune with Elohim in His marvelous creation. 


 And on the seventh day God finished his work that he had done, and he rested on the seventh day from all his work that he had done. (Gen. 2:2 ESV)  God came down and walked with the man and woman who He made in the cool of the day in Eden.  I discovered the Sabbath as a God given day of rest and healing years ago. Jesus gave me the physical strength to function through out the week when I rested on His day set aside to cease from my daily activities.  I had had terminal cancer.  Jesus miracusly healed me in a moment of divine mercy from above. Resting on the Sabbath, Saturday helps keep me strong.  God designed the human body and soul to rest the seventh day. (Genesis 1)  "Sabbath" simply meant, to cease from activity.

No comments:

Post a Comment